Here are a few simple shopping strategies I have found to save money at stores and shopping malls:
- Join the email list: visit the website for your favorite stores and malls and sign up for their email list. Many will send you an email with information on various sales and events. Some stores will even email you coupons that you can use in store or online to save money.
- Join the VIP or Preferred Shopper Club: there are a number of malls have a shopper program that you can join. Once you are a member, you can receive advance notice of sales and access to exclusive coupons.
- Check the website for sales & coupons: there are a number of malls and stores that have a section on their website where they list sales and in-store promotions, some even offer coupons.
- Use your AAA Card: AAA has a program called "Show your Card and Save" where you can receive a discount when you present your AAA Card at participating stores. For a complete listing of stores and current deals. Visit, www.aaa.com and type in your zip code, then select “Discounts” from the menu. You can save on Apparel, Home, Travel, Dining, and more.
- Set up a Google Alert: if you are serious about finding sales and coupons, you can set up a www.google.com/alerts. Just type in the search query what you are looking for (i.e. your favorite stores or malls) and when there are relevant results, Google will notify you (via email or RSS). There are a number of options available so that you can customize how many results you receive and how often you receive them.